与耳朵相关的英语习语

admin 2025-06-24 05:51:25 2018世界杯投注

与耳朵相关的英语习语

All ears

Listening willing, waiting for an explanation

全神贯注地听;洗耳恭听

All ears were cocked for the footsteps on the stairs.

所有的人都竖起耳朵听楼梯上传来的脚步声。

Give someone an earful

Angrily express an opinion to someone

训斥…,斥责…;向…抱怨

If he bothers you again I'll give him an earful.

如果他再来烦你,我就训他一顿。

I’m all ears

You have my attention, so you should talk

我洗耳恭听

I'm all ears - tell us what they had to say.

我洗耳恭听——快告诉我们他们怎么说的。

Lend an ear

Listen (to someone with sympathy)

聆听,倾听

Claire's always one to lend a sympathetic ear if you have problems.

你有什么问题时,克莱尔总是乐于倾听。

Play it by ear

To respond to circumstances instead of having a fixed plan

见机行事,随机应变

We can't make a decision yet. Let's just play it by ear.

我们还不能做出决定,让我们见机行事。

The walls have ears

We may be overheard; be careful what you say

隔墙有耳

He knows that walls have ears and that ill deeds rebound back.

他知道隔墙有耳的道理,凡是做得不好的事总会传开去。

That’s music to my ears

I am very happy to hear this

说的话正合我意

The name of the horse Robert bad bet on was called out as the winner. "Ah, " he said, "that's music to my ears! "

罗伯特押了赌注的那匹马被宣布为优胜者。“啊,”他说,“这消息真让我高兴。”

Wet behind the ears

Inexperienced, immature, new to something

乳臭未干的,无经验的,少不更事

You shouldn’t judge his mistakes too harshly, as he’s still wet behind the ears.

你不该太严格地评断他的错误,因为他仍涉世不深。